Pine Belt Automotive of New Jersey can be found on FaceBook!! Join our online party and get up to the minute news, sales, and give-a-ways!!
It’s been a while since Cadillac had a roadster in its product portfolio. Since the XLR went out of production at the end of 2009, to be precise. But while the CTS Coupe (and its high-performance counterpart, the CTS-V Coupe) may fill the niche for a svelte wreath-badged two-door, Cadillac may be planning on something a little more windy – and more affordable – in the near future.
According to our compatriots over at Inside Line, Cadillac is considering spinning a two-seat roadster off the rear-wheel-drive platform of the new ATS sedan. If given the green light, the ATS roadster would likely be positioned squarely at the likes of the Mercedes-Benz SLK and BMW Z4, maximizing the use of the ATS platform while giving The General a potentially intriguing rival to its German competitors.
Chevy Cruze: North American Dealer Association (NADA) 2011 Car Of The Year
NADAguides.com, a leading online provider of new and used vehicle pricing and information, has awarded its influential “Car of the Year” honors to the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze.
The analysts at NADAguides based the award on performance, styling and design, fuel ratings, safety features and cost of ownership, all at a very competitive price point. The Cruze also earned the top pick among consumers who voted in at online poll at NADAguides.com
“This aspirational compact has done phenomenal things for the reemergence of the GM brand in the global marketplace by bringing technology, design and performance to this segment at an elevated level versus its competitors,” says Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
“The NADAguides.com Car of the Year award validates what our customers already know,” says Cristi Landy, Director of Chevrolet Small Car Marketing. “Cruze offers fantastic value. It combines comfort, fuel economy and safety in a stylish package. With over one million sold globally, the Cruze redefines the small car.”
Visit www.PCBhevy.com anytime to view our complete Chevrolet Cruze inventory. Feel free to call us direct anytime for a VIP viewing and test drive.
Pine Belt Cadillac, located off exit 82 of the Garden State Parkway in Toms River, has been servicing ocean county for years now. Here’s what another happy customer had to say about us!!
Leased my 2011 CTS from this dealership. Drove down here from Central Jersey because I heard the service was exceptional and sure enough it was. Was treated with kindness, respect and patience. They gave me a good price for my Audi trade-in and helped me take the CTS home that night. Set up the onstar for me, and even called up to check on how I was doing with the car. Very professional dealership and highly recommended.
Please feel free to browse our website 24/7 @ www.PineBeltCadillac.com. For a VIP test drive and showing, please contact us direct @ 732-797-3000.
Available on every NEW Cadillac @ Pine Belt Cadillac
With the current economic recession, many budgets get tight, which means that many people are tempted to cut back on regular car maintenance. But that can lead to serious repair problems and even larger bills down the road. We’ve found that you can extend the life of your vehicle, get the most for your money on your next trade in, and save a lot of money on maintenance by following our 24 helpful tips:
1) Check the maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual to see what services are recommended and how often. Follow this carefully for as long as you own the car. There are usually different schedules for normal and severe driving conditions; the normal one should be sufficient for most drivers. Mark your calendar with estimated dates for services such as oil changes, tire rotations, and fluid flushes.
2) Change your oil every 3,000-5,000 miles, depending on your owner’s manual. You may need to also factor in how much and how often you drive.
3) Every other oil change you should have your tires rotated. Check your tire pressure often and between rotations by using a tire gauge. This will help with your gas mileage, especially with constant temperature changes in the Midwest!
4) At least once a month, check the levels of the car’s fluids, such as oil, coolant, and brake fluid. The owner’s manual usually has instructions that are quite specific and easy to follow. When you get your oil changed, have the dealership or service station also check each of your fluids to make sure everything is running properly.
5) Change automatic transmission fluid and filter after the first 5,000 miles and after every 25,000 miles or two years thereafter, or as recommended in your owner’s manual.
6) Don’t forget the filters! There are several filters (the main filters are oil, fuel, transmission, and air) that are important in preserving your car engine, and they should be changed according to the schedule in your owner’s manual or as follows:
- Change the oil filter at least at every other oil change.
- Check the air filter every two months and replace if needed.
- Change fuel filters once per year. A clogged fuel filter will cause poor engine performance.
7) Every 12 months, have the exhaust checked for any leaks or unusual noises.
8 ) Wash your engine at least every year or two. This will ensure that your engine will runner cooler and you’ll be able to perform other maintenance checks without the mess. Remember to protect sensitive engine components- including the air intake, distributor, and electrical parts, before cleaning.
9) To keep your car’s AC system fit for next spring, run it a few times throughout the winter. This will prevent moving parts in the compressor from stopping and circulating the refrigerant will keep the seals soft and pliant.
10) Check your battery regularly to extend its full life and avoid being stranded with a dead battery. Keep your battery clean , inspect for damages such as cracks or bulges, which are signs that the battery needs to be replaced.
11) Check underneath the car for any rust spots and if you find any of the areas treated immediately.
12) New noises are not normal. If you hear something odd when accelerating, braking, or turning, have it checked by a mechanic.
13) Did you know that when a tanker is filling the tanks at a gas station, the turbulence of the fuel being pumped in can stir up sediment? So, if you happen to need gas and drive by a station where the tanker is filling the tanks, move on to the next station because sediment in your gas can clog fuel filters and fuel injectors, causing poor performance and possibly necessitating repairs.
14) To keep the inside of your car clean, vacuum often. If after vacuuming floor interior carpeting, there are still some resistant stains, apply foam rug cleaner as directed by the maker. Work the foam into a few square feet at a time, using a wet sponge or brush. Vacuum again when dry.
15) Use floor mats to protect carpeting, especially in colder months. The best types of floor mats for eliminating salt, slush, and mud in winter months are rubber mats. These stay in place and don’t allow water to seep through. They are also each to clean. Shake, vacuum and wash as needed.
16) After a few years, wear and tear on leather may become apparent. The best thing to do is to use leather cleaner and apply a protecting sealant. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.
17) If a garage is not an option, minimize interior damage and wearing from UV sunlight and heat by parking in the shade. If this isn’t an option, purchase and use a shade to help minimize the sun’s impact.
18) Did you know that having too many keys on your keychain can actually damage your ignition? The weight, combined with bouncing while you drive, can wear out the tumblers inside the ignition and eventually lead to ignition switch failure. So instead, purchase a lightweight key chain that allows you to separate your ignition key from the others and drive only with the ignition key in your ignition.
19) The sunlight can also damage the exterior by causing the paint to fade. Make sure to park in the shade or in a garage whenever possible. If this is not possible, think about investing in a cover for your vehicle if you park outside for longer periods of time. It will not only help against UV rays, but also with any minor bumps and bruises to your exterior.
20) Replace your wiper blades every 4-6 months to ensure that you have clear visibility with any weather conditions such as rain and snow.
21) Touch up any chips that are on your vehicle to prevent your vehicle from rusting.
22) Car wax preserves paint by slowing oxidation and forming a barrier against bird droppings, sap, and pollution. There’s still no beating paste wax for the hardest, longest-lasting finish. Look for paste with a high carnauba wax content. Apply a thin, even coat of wax to the car’s surfaces with a damp sponge. Avoid applying too much, or it will be difficult to remove and some residue will inevitably mar your finish. To avoid fine scratches, use a clean, soft cotton or microfiber cloth to remove wax once it has dried. Apply an extra coat of wax to the nose and hood. The wax film in these areas wears away quickly.
23) Avoid driving at high speeds or accelerating quickly, especially in very cold or hot weather. This could result in more frequent repairs.
24) Avoid holding the steering wheel in an extreme right or left angles for more than a few seconds when turning, as this may damage the power-steering pump.
2012 Nissan Maxima Features Refreshed Exterior, New Limited Edition Package
The flagship Nissan Maxima continues to set the bar for Nissan sedans, combining breakthrough sports sedan styling, a driver-oriented cockpit, ample comfort and luxury for passengers and an advanced drivetrain anchored by Nissan’s legendary VQ-series V6 engine. For 2012, the iconic Maxima receives a refreshed exterior – with a new front grille design, new rear combination lights, and new 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. Inside, the roomy Maxima interior’s enhancements include a new meter cluster illumination color (white), new Dark Piano-hairline trim, a new Atlantic Cherry wood tone trim and a new Cafe Latte interior color. There’s also a new audio segment display and new audio/HVAC knob design. Two new exterior colors are offered for 2012: Java Metallic and Dark Slate.
The other big news for the 2012 Maxima is the addition of a special Limited Edition Package, which offers smoked appearance headlights, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, a compass in the rearview mirror, 18-inch aluminum-alloy Dark Hyper Silver colored wheels, a rear spoiler, dark satin chrome front grille, fog lights, outside mirrors with integrated turn signals and metallic trim on the center cluster, center console and door armrest grips.
The 2012 Maxima is offered in two well-equipped models – Maxima 3.5 S and Maxima 3.5 SV, each featuring a standard 290-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ-series V6 engine and Xtronic CVT® with manual and “Ds” (drive sport) modes and available paddle shifters.
A Dynamic Presence, A Luxurious Interior
On the road or standing still, Maxima offers a dynamic presence that distinguishes it from other mid-size sedans. Maxima’s exterior is highlighted by the flow of its powerful and beautiful surfaces, like the undulation of a wave. The look starts with Maxima’s aggressive stance and powerful fender volume.
Maxima’s aggressive performance stance is created by its sporty proportions that carefully balance wheelbase and overall length, along with a wide front and rear track. The look is accented by 18-inch and available 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels – with new designs for 2012 – and low-profile performance tires.
Maxima’s exterior also imparts a strong premium presence. The large, wraparound L-shaped headlights add a unique dimension to the overall design, while the light surrounds suggest a powerful “turbine” appearance of energy and strength. The upturned headlight shape combines with a new grille design, large bumper opening and bulging “catamaran-style” hood to give Maxima a formidable expression, setting the tone for the rest of the vehicle. Smoke-colored High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights and a dark chrome grille finish are available with the optional Sport Package and new Limited Edition Package.
The powerful Maxima form continues along its profile, with careful layering of the bumper, hood and fender parting lines. The polished, elegant motion spreads from the deep-waisted rear fenders through distinctive Maxima-style C-pillars and high trunk lid. At the rear, Maxima features a 12-LED L-shaped taillight design, with a pair of side marker bulbs for added visibility during night driving. The rear combination taillight design has been refreshed for 2012.
Another unique styling feature is the available Dual Panel Moonroof, which combines a front section that moves like a normal moonroof (positioned farther forward than typical) and a fixed translucent rear section that provides light to rear seat passengers. The overall design gives the appearance that the entire roof is composed of black glass. The Dual Panel Moonroof includes dual power sunshades for both the front and rear glass sections, adding a level of convenience. It is offered as part of the Premium Package.
Maxima is available in a choice of nine exterior colors, including new Java Metallic and Dark Slate and carryover Crimson Black, Brilliant Silver, Super Black, Tuscan Sun, Winter Frost, Navy Blue and Ocean Gray.
Maxima’s interior design provides the feeling of a sports car with controls ergonomically close, yet with ample roominess and comfort for both driver and passengers. The instrument panel features “Daytime Illumination” electroluminescent meters with a new illumination color (white) for 2012. The tachometer is rotated so the engine redline is placed at the 12 o’clock position, and there is extensive use of chrome surrounds for the gauges, vent rings, vent knobs and audio switches. The sport-oriented three-spoke steering wheel features a unique “parallel” pattern steering wheel stitching (versus the traditional baseball-style stitching) for enhanced grip on Maxima Sport and Premium Packages. A unique shiny gray stitch color is included with the Sport Package.
The driver’s seat includes an available manual thigh extension for long distance driving and additional padding in the side bolsters for good lateral support during sporty driving. The seat is also available with heating and cooling functions and premium leather-appointed surfaces with special stitching. Also available are power lower lumbar and memory functions. Maxima is available with two different rear seat layouts – a 60/40 fold-down rear seat with access to the trunk, and a fixed rear seat with center armrest pass-through for carrying long items such as skis or other sporting equipment (Sport Package and Premium Package). Two interior colors are offered: Café Latté and Charcoal.
Comfort and convenience features include a standard moonroof, 8-way power drivers seat and 4-way power adjustable front passenger seat, dual-zone automatic temperature control, cruise control with illuminated steering wheel mounted controls, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, power windows and door locks, AM/FM/CD6/MP3 audio system with eight speakers, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System and available USB connectivity.
True Sports Sedan Performance
In creating driving performance worthy of Nissan’s flagship, the Maxima body and chassis engineering teams worked together to create a secure feeling, virtually no torque steer during acceleration and a level of nimbleness that ultimately makes a car fun to drive. Utilizing Nissan’s advanced “D platform” as its foundation, Maxima features a standard 3.5-liter VQ-series V6 engine rated at 290 horsepower and 261 lb-ft of torque.
The engine includes a modular engine design with microfinished crank journals and cam lobes, molybdenum coated lightweight pistons, a resin intake collector, digital knock control, six individual coils (one per spark plug) and a cross-flow coolant pattern. Also utilized are a Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS), a variable induction system, a silent timing chain and electronically controlled throttle. Maxima also utilizes a six-point engine mounting system, which includes upper and lower torque rods, high rigidity front and rear aluminum brackets and front and rear switchable control mounts to improve NVH performance under high engine torque conditions.
All 2012 Maximas come equipped with a refined Xtronic CVT® with manual mode, tuned specifically for Maxima’s sporty driving character. For drivers seeking more aggressive shift operation, “Ds mode” (drive sport) electronic control logic programming provides increased acceleration feel with higher engine revolutions, automatic engine braking and maintaining engine speed during cornering. Available steering column-mounted paddle shifters allow for manual transmission-like shift changes while the driver’s hands remain on the wheel.
Maxima’s suspension is designed to be both stimulating and relaxing, combining responsive handling with a comfortable ride. The subframe-mounted strut/coil spring front suspension makes extensive use of lightweight aluminum parts. An X-type upper cowl structure helps provide front body rigidity for suspension mounting. Maxima’s multi-link independent rear suspension design, also subframe-mounted, offers outstanding handling by minimizing camber change during cornering. The rear shock absorbers and springs are separated and the shocks are in line with the center of the rear wheels, providing excellent damping and minimal harshness. Front and rear stabilizer bars are standard.
Braking is provided by standard 4-wheel vented disc brakes with a 4-channel, 4-sensor, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). Maxima also features a Twin Orifice Power Steering (TOPS) vehicle-speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering system with the quickest steering ratio of any Nissan sedan (15.2:1) to help provide its sporty steering feel. A strut tower brace contributes to Maxima’s steering precision and rigidity.
Maxima offers standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and V-rated P245/45R18 all-season tires, with new Dark Hyper Silver aluminum-alloy wheels on the Limited Edition Package.
The Maxima 3.5 SV model with Sport Package features 19-inch Light Hyper Silver aluminum-alloy wheels with P245/40R19 all-season or summer performance tires.
Standard Safety Features, High Residual Value
Maxima comes equipped with standard Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage front supplemental air bags, seat belt sensors and an occupant classification sensor. Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear outboard occupant head protection are also standard, along with front-seat Active Head Restraints, 3-point rear seat belts for all seating positions, front seat belts with pretensioners, load limiters and adjustable upper anchors, emergency inside trunk release, Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones, LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Maxima also features standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS).
Maxima has also received the ALG Residual Value Awards for Best Fullsize Car for three years in row (2009, 2010 and 2011). The ALG Residual Value Awards recognize the vehicle in each industry segment that is predicted to retain the highest percentage of original price after a conventional three-year period.
Two Well-Equipped Models, Plus Special Equipment Packages
The 2012 Maxima is offered in two well-equipped models. In addition to the long list of standard features found on every Maxima 3.5 S model, Maxima 3.5 SV adds leather-appointed sport seats, Bose® premium audio system with nine speakers (including two subwoofers and a center channel speaker), XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, fog lights and outside mirrors with turn signal indicators.
A number of packages are also offered, including the new Limited Edition Package, which offers smoked appearance headlights, HID xenon headlights, compass in rearview mirror, 18-inch aluminum-alloy Dark Hyper Silver wheels, rear spoiler, dark sport appearance front grille, fog lights, outside mirrors with turn signals, metallic trim treatment.
The Sport Package’s equipment includes a sport-tuned suspension, 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, rear spoiler, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, heated outside mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature, automatic entry/exit system with two-driver memory, heated front seats and steering wheel, paddle shifters, metallic finish trim, premium leather-appointed seats, plus smoked headlight covers and dark chrome grille.
The Premium Package includes the Dual Panel Moonroof with rear roof window and front and rear power retractable sunshades, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, heated outside mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature, automatic entry/exit system with two-driver memory, heated front seats and steering wheel, paddle shifters, premium leather-appointed seats, Atlantic Cherry wood-tone trim, 7.0-inch color monitor, RearView Monitor and more.
Tech Packages are available for Maxima SV, SV Sport and SV Premium and include an advanced Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with Voice Recognition, XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information, XM NavWeather™ (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®, 7.0-inch touch screen color monitor and DVD playback capability. Other available packages include a Monitor Package, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon Headlights, Cold Package and 19-inch Summer Tires.
Pine Belt Automotive is committed to maintaining a level of excellence that will exceed all levels of expectations set by our customers. We look forward to providing you with the finest vehicles and automobile services through adherence to moral and ethical principles. This company was built on fundamental, family values and we intend on delivering operational superiority in every aspect of our establishment.