The innovative Nissan cube® enters its fourth year of availability in 2012 with its standout styling again giving it a unique place in the automotive world – with an asymmetrical rear window, refrigerator-style rear door, space for five in its lounge-like interior (or 58 cubic feet of cargo room with rear seats folded), and more than 40 accessories to help buyers customize cube to their precise tastes and needs.
Enhancement for 2012 include the addition of a new 1.8 S Indigo Limited Edition, which offers 15-inch split 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, Black/Indigo cloth seat trim, Nissan Intelligent Key® with illuminated Push Button Ignition, Nissan Navigation System with 5-inch touch screen and XM NavTraffic® capability (XM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor, six upgraded speakers, Rockford Fosgate 8-inch subwoofer and amplifier, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), and USB connection port for iPod® and other compatible devices.
Other 2012 changes include the addition of the Nissan Intelligent Key® as standard equipment on SL models and an attached front passenger seat armrest on S and SL models. Five new exterior colors will also be offered for 2012 – Pearl White, Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, Cayenne Red and Bali Blue.
The front-wheel drive cube® is built on Nissan’s proven B-platform and is offered with a standard 122-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and a choice of Nissan’s advanced, smooth shifting Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) or 6-speed manual transmission. The cube provides excellent fuel efficiency of 31 mpg Highway with the CVT transmission.
Cube’s roomy interior is designed as an inviting social space for up to five passengers, with comfortable front seating and a three-position sliding, reclining theater-style rear seat. Unique interior features include asymmetrical Fine Vision gauges, “Water Drop” interior accents and detachable multi-purpose hooks.
Available cube technology includes the Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Rockford Fosgate subwoofer with six upgraded speakers, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor and Interface System for iPod®.
Among the individual accessories offered are a unique 20-color interior accent lighting kit, a shag dash topper, aerodynamic body kit and unique wheels.
The 2012 Nissan cube is available in three well-equipped models: cube 1.8, cube 1.8 S and cube 1.8 SL.
Highlights of the 2012 Nissan cube include:
- 99.6-inch wheelbase, 156.7-inch length, 66.7-inch width, 65.0-inch height
- 58.1-inch front track/58.3-inch rear track
- Unique design with wheels pushed out to the corners, high-visibility near-vertical A-pillars, large window areas with “photo frame” front windows and iconic asymmetrical rear “wraparound” window
- Wide door openings, refrigerator-style left-hand hinged rear door
- Multi-reflector halogen headlights, fixed roof antenna
- Body-color bumpers and door handles
- Eight exterior colors: new-for-2012 colors Pearl White, Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, Cayenne Red and Bali Blue, along with previously available colors Sapphire Black, Golden Ginger, and Bitter Chocolate
Engine and Driveline
- Front engine/front-wheel drive
- Nissan “B” platform
- 1.8-liter DOHC inline 4-cylinder engine, rated at 122 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque (50-state emissions)
- Available Nissan Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission)
- Available 6-speed manual transmission
Suspension, Steering and Braking
- Independent front strut with coil springs and stabilizer bar
- Torsion-beam rear axle with integrated stabilizer bar
- Vehicle-speed-sensing electric power-assisted steering
- Power-assisted vented front disc/rear drum brakes
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Standard 15-inch steel wheels with covers, P195/60R15 all-season tires
- Available 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P195/55R16 tires
- A unique mix of fashion and functionality
- Roomy, comfortable “lounge” interior with wide front bucket seats
- Sliding and reclining 2nd row “sofa style” theater layout bench seat
- “Floating meter pod” instrument panel with large diameter Fine Vision gauges
- “Water Drop” interior accents (headliner, controls, cupholders, door speakers)
- Available “witty” details and accessories including “Front Door Bungees,” detachable multi-hook holder and console pockets
- Power door locks with auto-locking feature
- Power windows with one-touch up/down driver’s window
- Remote Keyless Entry system
- Adjustable front seat belt upper anchors
- Front door map pockets, six cupholders and five bottle holders
- Available Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
- Available Interface System for iPod®
- Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
- Available Rockford Fosgate subwoofer and amplifier with six upgraded speakers
- Available RearView Monitor
- Available XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
- Wide range of available interior accessories, including 20-color interior accent lighting kit, shag dash topper, and body color-matching interior appliqués
Safety and Security
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Seat-mounted driver and front-passenger side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Child safety rear door locks
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Models and Manufacturing
- Offered in three well-equipped models: 1.8, 1.8 S and 1.8 SL
- Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., in Oppama, Japan