Seemingly sculpted from a single block of steel, the Cadillac SRX stands deliberately apart in world of look-alike crossovers. From its chiseled silhouette to its vertical LED taillamps, the design is pure Cadillac. Equally as remarkable is the intuitive technology the SRX luxury crossover offers. Like available glide-up touch-screen with GPS-based navigation system*, standard Bose® sound system, plus Bluetooth®3 and USB connectivity.18 There’s even a programmable Driver Information Center (DIC) that displays key data in enhanced full-color. With rear seats that fold down to create 60 cubic feet of usable space, there’s plenty of room for whatever you bring along. But because its a Cadillac, even versatile space needs luxurious details. The handcrafted interior features French stitching, polished chrome accents and available Sapele wood trim. Powering SRX is a new, fuel efficient, direct-injection 308 HP V6, the most powerful engine standard in any luxury crossover. The available computer-controlled real-time damping suspension and a torque-vectoring All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system make SRX reassuringly nimble on the road. The 2012 SRX from Cadillac—it looks and performs like no other luxury crossover.
The hushed SRX interior—made possible through the use of triple door seals, a laminated windshield and side window glass—allows you to enjoy the many luxurious amenities SRX offers:
- Available power-adjustable pedals with memory settings that allow the pedals to be comfortably reached, regardless of driver height
- Hand-crafted surfaces that line the doors and dashboard, providing soft touch-points
- Available Sapele wood—a wood traditionally only found in fine guitars—is known for its distinct grain and is as beautiful at night as it is in the daylight
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Available heated and ventilated front seats and available heated outboard rear seats for the ultimate in comfort
- Available tri-zone automatic climate control system with individual settings that let the driver, front passenger and rear passengers set their own desired temperature
- Available memory settings option recalls settings for two drivers, including driver’s seat position, adjustable pedals, outside mirrors and other personal preferences
The available UltraView sunroof is a perfect example of the kind of thoughtful design featured throughout the SRX, spanning both seats and giving the car an even more spacious feel. When the sun gets more intense, the standard power sunshade blocks the light and keeps things cool. And, as a final detail, ingenious technology automatically adjusts the available Bose® 5.1 surround sound volume when the roof opens and closes, leaving your hands free to do other things—like driving.
The SRX luxury crossover accommodates your lifestyle, in more ways than one, with features like:
- Rear seats that fold flat to create more than 60 cubic feet of cargo space in back
- An available U-Rail system with a unique adjustable cargo fence that helps cargo items stay exactly where they belong.
- A high-capacity double-deck glove box that can be cooled and can easily accommodate a 2-liter bottle
- A center armrest with two storage compartments that features a dual-depth cup holder, so whether you have a small cup or a tall water bottle, it fits securely and stays in place
- Generous underfloor storage that conceals items.
- Additional storage compartments in the front and rear doors, and in the backs of the front seats
- An available programmable power liftgate lets you select a liftgate height of your choosing to avoid hitting what’s overhead. Once programmed, you can open it and close it, all at the touch of a button
- Roof rails that, when fitted with the appropriate, available racks or cargo boxes, can accommodate large items like snowboards or bicycles
Accessing all the space SRX provides is easy, thanks to the available power liftgate with memory height that can be programmed for easy reach or to avoid a low garage ceiling.
We believe a crossover should be instantly responsive. With an advanced direct-injected 308 HP V6 engine, SRX has the most powerful standard engine in any luxury crossover. Just as important, it has a wide and powerful torque band, giving you instant acceleration on demand. Yet even with all of this performance, the SRX is remarkably fuel efficient and doesn’t require premium fuel.
State-of-the-art torque-vectoring technology, this available system features:
- Torque-vectoring that is proactive—taking your driving input and monitoring road conditions to intuitively put power where it’s most effective—anticipating challenges before they arise
- An All-Wheel Drive system that is augmented by a rear electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD), which provides enhanced control while cornering or performing evasive lane changes
This convenient technology lets you unlock and lock the doors and start the engine without accessing your keys.
- Push-button start replaces your conventional key, allowing you to start and stop the vehicle’s ignition with the push of a button on the instrument panel
- Available keyless access senses when you approach or leave the vehicle, and will unlock/lock the doors without you having to remove your keys from your purse or pocket
For rich, lifelike sound quality and clarity, enjoy the Bose® sound system with 10 speakers customized for the SRX interior. The sound system features:
- An integrated USB port18 that lets you play music and charge media devices without the need for special adapters. The USB port is identical to those found on personal computers
- Control and select your music using the steering wheel-mounted controls
- A single-slot CD player
- The system includes pause-and-play radio—much like a built-in DVR for your car stereo—that lets you pause live radio (including SiriusXM Radio4), record up to 20 min. of audio, and then play it back at a later time. This capability remains even when the vehicle is turned off. For example, you can listen to a game on SiriusXM Radio4, pause the live broadcast, and then turn off the car to refuel. When you get back in, you can resume from where you left off.