The 2012 Cadillac Escalade. It is the standard by which all other luxury SUVs are measured, thanks to its luxurious interior, impressive technology and powerful presence. The stunning interior, trimmed in elegant brushed aluminum accents and polished chrome, accommodates up to 8 adults comfortably. Luxurious details include supple leather-trimmed, 14-way power-adjustable front seats with memory settings and elegant French-stitched seams, a premium 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system and a leather- and wood-trimmed steering wheel that’s power-adjustable. A heated steering wheel option is available.
With luxury also comes commanding power in the form of a 6.2L 403 HP V8 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. A comfortable ride is ensured by available Magnetic Ride Control—a class-exclusive suspension system. It incorporates computer-controlled real-time damping that reacts in the blink of an eye to changing road conditions. Plus, Escalade is available with All-Wheel Drive (AWD) to help you power through some of the worst road conditions with confidence. When luxurious comfort and spaciousness are required, the 2012 Escalade is the one.
With available Magnetic Ride Control, in the time it takes you to blink, your Escalade has monitored the road 1,000 times. It’s an ingenious suspension technology that employs minute iron particles suspended in a synthetic fluid. As the Escalade reads the road, the particles react to a magnetic field and instantly align to provide the proper damping. It’s an innovative approach that let’s you enjoy every millisecond of the ride.
Power. Speed. The Escalade has both in spades. With a 403 HP 6.2L V8 and a 0–60 time of 6.8 seconds, the Escalade isn’t just faster than most SUV’s. Remarkably, it’s faster than some sport sedans. When you add a trailering capacity of 8,300 lbs., you have a vehicle that’s as fleet-footed as it is powerful.
Power on demand. The performance-oriented 403 HP V8 delivers a 0-60 mph time of 6.8 seconds and offers:
- Active Fuel Management technology that senses when full 8-cylinder power is unnecessary, and automatically adjusts to run on four, saving fuel
- E85 capability: the Escalade V8 engine can run on a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline, which is a mostly renewable fuel made from biomaterial like U.S.-grown crops and waste. E85 fuel is cleaner-burning, which can help lower greenhouse gases
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) that controls the opening and closing of engine valves, providing instant response and improving power and efficiency
- A distinct V8 exhaust note for an authoritative presence
- A towing capacity of 8,300 lbs.
- A Hydra-Matic heavy-duty 6-speed automatic transmission that includes Tow/Haul mode which reprograms the shift schedule to help reduce heat buildup in the transmission when trailering
- A rear locking differential that helps the driver power through the worst conditions with confidence
Available Side Blind Zone Alert, built into the exterior review mirrors, lets drivers know when something is in their blind spot. Warning lights in the mirrors alert the driver to potential danger. Wish you had an extra set of eyes? Now you do.
The Escalade’s control center provides access to the navigation system, Bose® 5.1 10-speaker surround sound system, automatic tri-zone climate control and Driver Information Center. You’ll be able to enjoy features like Tune Select, which notifies you when your favorite songs are on any SiriusXM radio3 station, and the navigation system’s Franchise Favorites, which helps you find your favorite businesses no matter where you are. It’s almost as if all the controls were designed to your personal specifications. Perhaps that’s because they were.
Adaptive Remote Start allows you to start and heat or cool the vehicle before you even enter it. Once you’re inside, tri-zone automatic climate control allows individual temperature conditions to be set for the driver, front passenger and rear-seat passengers. It makes a very inviting environment even more inviting.