The 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV. It’s everything you love about Escalade. Just more of it. Its extended cabin seats up to 8 adults in luxurious comfort and still has almost 30 additional cubic feet of interior space14. In fact, there’s a total of 137.4 cubic feet behind the first row14—the most in its class14 —for luggage or whatever you need to bring along. In addition to tremendous room, the stunning interior features supple, leather-trimmed, 14-way power-adjustable front seats with French-stitched seams, memory settings for 2 drivers and heated and cooled seatbacks and cushions. You’ll also enjoy a premium 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system and a leather- and wood-trimmed steering wheel that’s power-adjustable. A heated option is available. Power is in abundant supply with a 6.2L 403 HP V8 engine mated to a heavy-duty 6-speed automatic transmission, giving Escalade ESV rear-wheel drive models a maximum towing capacity of 8,000 lbs.29 when properly equipped. Automatic electronic rear-level control and computer-controlled Road Sensing Suspension helps even out—and smooth out—the ride while towing. There’s also available, class-exclusive Magnetic Ride Control suspension that reacts in the blink of an eye to changing road conditions. Escalade ESV is available with All-Wheel Drive (AWD) to help you power through some of the worst road conditions. Also helping you navigate with ease is precise rack-and-pinion steering that is recalibrated for ESV, making parking stress-free.
With available Magnetic Ride Control, in the time it takes you to blink, your Escalade has monitored the road 1,000 times. It’s an ingenious suspension technology that employs minute iron particles suspended in a synthetic fluid. As the Escalade reads the road, the particles react to a magnetic field and instantly align to provide the proper damping. It’s an innovative approach that let’s you enjoy every millisecond of the ride.
If you need to tow a large boat or camper-trailer in style, Escalade ESV fits the bill with features like:
- A 6.2L 403 HP V8 engine with 417 lb.-ft. of torque
- A Hydra-Matic heavy-duty 6-speed automatic transmission that includes Tow/Haul mode which reprograms the shift schedule to help reduce heat buildup in the transmission when trailering
- A trailering capacity of 8,000 lbs.for rear-wheel drive models and 7,700 lbs. for all-wheel drive models when properly equipped
- Automatic electronic rear-level control system that helps keeps Escalade ESV at an even keel when trailering or when loaded with passengers and cargo
- Computer-controlled Road Sensing Suspension with coil-over-shock front and 5-link rear with bi-modal monotube shocks for a smooth, comfortable ride
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System that improves safety of a vehicle’s stability by detecting and minimizing skids. When StabiliTrak detects loss of steering control, it automatically applies the brakes to help steer the vehicle in the intended direction
- Locking Rear Differential that works by forcing both left and right wheels on the same axle to rotate at the same speed under nearly all circumstances to optimize traction—especially useful when pulling a boat up a ramp
- Available All-Wheel Drive (AWD) that features a fixed torque bias that enhances vehicle stability. The system also distributes drive torque to front and rear wheels, depending on road conditions, to enhance driving confidence
The performance-oriented 403 HP V8 engine delivers power on demand, plus:
- The 6.2L V8 engine incorporates Active Fuel Management that senses when full 8-cylinder power is unnecessary, and automatically adjusts to run on four cylinders, saving fuel
- E85 capability: the Escalade ESV V8 engine can run on a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline, a mostly renewable fuel made from biomaterial like U.S.-grown crops and waste. E85 fuel is cleaner-burning, which can help lower greenhouse gases
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) that controls the opening and closing of engine valves, providing instant response and improving power and efficiency
- A distinct V8 exhaust note for an authoritative presence
The Escalade’s control center provides access to the navigation system, Bose® 5.1 10-speaker surround sound system, automatic tri-zone climate control and Driver Information Center. You’ll be able to enjoy features like Tune Select, which notifies you when your favorite songs are on any SiriusXM radio4 station, and the navigation system’s Franchise Favorites, which helps you find your favorite businesses no matter where you are. It’s almost as if all the controls were designed to your personal specifications. Perhaps that’s because they were.