This audacious wagon is pure V, with all the necessary credentials in place that make a V a world-class performer: the epic 556 horsepower Eaton-supercharged V8 engine, 6-piston front and 4-piston rear race-bred Brembo® disc brakes, dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control and 19″ forged aluminum wheels shod with specially-developed Michelin Pilot® Sport PS2TM tires for tenacious grip. All while offering up to 58 cubic feet of storage space complete with a cargo management system to help keep belongings in place—especially useful when taking on corners. There’s also an under-floor storage compartment and a power liftgate that can be programmed to suit any height. Drivers of this wagon can choose from a short-throw manual TREMEC® TR-6060 or a Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual shifting without the use of a clutch pedal. Plus, red LED tracers encircle the tachometer and flash at the approach of redline, while a g-meter communicates lateral acceleration left and right as you push CTS-V to its g-force limits. The 2012 CTS-V Wagon, part of the world’s fastest family of vehicles.
The 6.2L supercharged V8 boasts 556 HP and 551 lb.-ft. of torque. It features an Eaton Roots-type intercooler to cool the air before it’s mixed with the fuel, producing power in spades. In fact, it has a 0–60 time of a mere 3.9 seconds.
To meet the demands of both everyday driving and more demanding driving, such as at the track, the V-Series features Dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control, in which the shock absorber fluid is infused with fine metallic particles. When subjected to magnetic fields, the viscosity of the fluid changes, stiffening or softening your ride to suit your performance demands. This groundbreaking technology reads the road up to 1,000 times per second, maintaining chassis poise without sacrificing a comfortable ride in both Tour Mode and Sport Mode. It’s the world’s fastest-reacting suspension. Perhaps that’s why some of the world’s greatest sports cars, including some Ferraris, have borrowed the technology.
The V-Series chassis was developed and tested at the Nürburgring®—one of the world’s most demanding tracks—to challenge the world’s most revered sports sedans. Expertly balanced, firmly planted and unbelievably responsive, the V is one-part performance vehicle, one-part revelation.
Drivers who want total control will appreciate the TREMEC® manual transmission with six-speed gearbox, short-throw shifter and dual-disc clutch. Of course, some may wonder—why manual? Because there are some things a man must do himself.
It’s no coincidence that the brakes found on some of the world’s most sophisticated race cars are also found on the V. It features Brembo® high-performance brakes—6-piston, 15.1″ in the front; 4-piston, 14.7″ in the rear—and co-cast vented rotors. Massive power requires massive stopping power, and the V delivers.
With the performance envelope of the V, you want to be firmly planted in your seat. Available RECARO® performance seating offers bolstered 8-way adjustable lumbar support and 6-way adjustable seats. Providing secure back and thigh support for both the driver and front-seat passenger, it was designed to fit you like a glove.
The navigation system features:
- An 8″ diagonal screen that retracts into the dash, but leaves the top inch visible as the touch-screen display for the audio system
- A 40 GB hard drive with 10 GB that can store approximately 2,000 songs
- Pause-and-play radio—much like a built-in DVR for your car stereo—lets you pause live radio (including XM Radio), record up to 20 minutes of audio, and then play it back at a later time. This capability remains even when the vehicle is turned off. For example, you can listen to a game on XM Radio,pause the live broadcast, and then turn off the car to refuel. When you get back in, resume from where you left off
- Available Destination Download that helps you get directions from an OnStar advisor who can send the destination to the nav system
- Available OnStar eNav that enables you to send Google Maps™ or MapQuest® destinations to your nav and access them anytime
- Rearview backup camera display when vehicle is put in Reverse
- A 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system Centerpoint® signal processing
- USB port
- Full iPod and Bluetooth® integration
- XM Radio with three month trial that features exclusive entertainment, commercial free music channels and a lot more.
- XM NavTraffic that gives you live traffic updates when you need them most