The 556 horsepower CTS-V Sedan. It’s the world’s fastest production sedan with 0–60 in a blistering 3.9 seconds. Complementing the epic power is a high-performance chassis fitted with the dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control suspension—tuned and perfected on Germany’s notorious Nürburgring racetrack—that reacts to changing demands in less time than the blink of an eye in both Touring and Track modes. Bringing it all to a halt is the massive stopping power of 6-piston front, 4-piston rear Brembo® brakes. Of course, true performance design doesn’t end under the hood. Available RECARO® performance seating with pneumatic bolster controls provides a firm plant during performance maneuvers. Red LED tracers encircle the tachometer and flash at the approach of redline, while a g-meter communicates lateral acceleration left and right. And Obsidian Black faceplates and available Midnight Sapele wood trim add a high-tech sophistication that you would expect only from a Cadillac.
The 6.2L supercharged V8 boasts 556 HP and 551 lb.-ft. of torque. It features an Eaton Roots-type intercooler to cool the air before it’s mixed with the fuel, producing power in spades. In fact, it has a 0–60 time of a mere 3.9 seconds.
The V-Series chassis was developed and tested at the Nürburgring®—one of the world’s most demanding tracks—to challenge the world’s most revered sports sedans. Expertly balanced, firmly planted and unbelievably responsive, the V is one-part performance vehicle, one-part revelation.
Drivers who want total control will appreciate the TREMEC® manual transmission with six-speed gearbox, short-throw shifter and dual-disc clutch. Of course, some may wonder—why manual? Because there are some things a man must do himself.
It’s no coincidence that the brakes found on some of the world’s most sophisticated race cars are also found on the V. It features Brembo® high-performance brakes—6-piston, 15.1″ in the front; 4-piston, 14.7″ in the rear—and co-cast vented rotors. Massive power requires massive stopping power, and the V delivers.
The navigation system features:
- An 8″ diagonal screen that retracts into the dash, but leaves the top inch visible as the touch-screen display for the audio system
- A 40 GB hard drive with 10 GB that can store approximately 2,000 songs
- Pause-and-play radio—much like a built-in DVR for your car stereo—lets you pause live radio (including XM Radio4), record up to 20 minutes of audio and then play it back at a later time. This capability remains even when the vehicle is turned off. For example, you can listen to a game on XM Radio,4 pause the live broadcast and then turn off the car to refuel. When you get back in, resume from where you left off
- Available Destination Download that helps you get directions from an OnStar5 advisor who can send the destination to the navigation system
- Available OnStar5 eNav that enables you to send Google Maps™ or MapQuest® destinations to your nav and access them anytime
- A rearview backup camera display when vehicle is put in reverse
- A 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system Centerpoint® signal processing
- USB port
- Full iPod and Bluetooth® integration
- XM Radio4 with three-month trial that features exclusive entertainment, commercial free music channels and a lot more
- XM NavTraffic that gives you live traffic updates when you need them most
With the performance envelope of the V, you want to be firmly planted in your seat. Available RECARO® performance seating offers bolstered 8-way adjustable lumbar support and 6-way adjustable seats. Providing secure back and thigh support for both the driver and front-seat passenger, it was designed to fit you like a glove.