The 2012 CTS-V Coupe is the complete package—a stunning, high-performance sport coupe with overt styling and extraordinary capability on the road. The Eaton-supercharged and intercooled 6.2L V8 engine generates a massive 556 horsepower and 551 lb.-ft. of torque. Put the power to the pavement with your choice of an available TREMEC® 6-speed manual shifter or Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic. Once launched, performance handling is assured by a Nürburgring®-tuned suspension fitted with revolutionary dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control that reacts in the blink of an eye to changing demands. And race-inspired Brembo®disc brakes—6-piston in front, 4-piston in back—deliver massive stopping power. Inside, the driver-centric cockpit features full instrumentation with LED-traced gauges that flash as redline approaches and an available g-meter that communicates lateral acceleration. Available bolstered RECARO® performance seats keep the driver firmly planted during performance driving. The 2012 CTS-V Coupe. Stunning in every way.
Look at the features. Then look closer. The integrated spoiler is captivatingly beautiful, but it also significantly reduces lift at high speeds. The grille stands out from the crowd, but it’s so much more—larger openings improve engine cooling and force air to the supercharger intercooler. And the fog lamps? They were ingeniously designed with air ducts that feed cool air to the front brakes. On the V, everything has a purpose. Often, more than one.
To meet the demands of both everyday driving and more demanding driving, such as at the track, the V-Series features Dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control, in which the shock absorber fluid is infused with fine metallic particles. When subjected to magnetic fields, the viscosity of the fluid changes, stiffening or softening your ride to suit your performance demands. This groundbreaking technology reads the road up to 1,000 times per second, maintaining chassis poise without sacrificing a comfortable ride in both Tour Mode and Sport Mode. It’s the world’s fastest-reacting suspension. Perhaps that’s why some of the world’s greatest sports cars, including some Ferraris, have borrowed the technology.
The navigation system features:
- An 8″ diagonal screen that retracts into the dash, but leaves the top inch visible as the touch-screen display for the audio system
- A 40 GB hard drive with 10 GB that can store approximately 2,000 songs
- Pause-and-play radio—much like a built-in DVR for your car stereo—lets you pause live radio (including XM Radio4), record up to 20 minutes of audio and then play it back at a later time. This capability remains even when the vehicle is turned off. For example, you can listen to a game on XM Radio, pause the live broadcast and then turn off the car to refuel. When you get back in, resume from where you left off
- Available Destination Download that helps you get directions from an OnStar advisor who can send the destination to the nav system
- Available OnStar eNav that enables you to send Google Maps™ or MapQuest® destinations to your nav and access them anytime
- Rear backup camera display when vehicle is put in reverse
- A 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system Centerpoint® signal processing
- USB port
- Full iPod and Bluetooth® 3 integration
- XM Radio with three-month trial that features exclusive entertainment, commercial-free music channels and a lot more
- XM NavTraffic that gives you live traffic updates when you need them most