The award-winning 2012 CTS Sport Sedan blends stunning design, driving dynamics and technology in a way that satisfies enthusiasts and luxury-seekers alike. Inside the carefully crafted cabin, it’s all about details, with hand-cut and-sewn accents and available ambient lighting, Sapele wood trim like that used in the finest guitars, and heated and ventilated seats. There’s even an available heated steering wheel. What’s more, you can tailor the CTS Sport Sedan to your personal taste by selecting either the available Luxury, Performance or Premium Collection. And when it comes to performance, CTS delivers. The performance-oriented rear- or available All-Wheel Drive is complemented by a suspension tuned on Germany’s famed Nürburgring racetrack to help ensure precise handling. Power comes from a 270 HP 3.0L direct injection V6 engine, or available 318 HP 3.6L direct injection V6. Both offer more power with reduced emissions compared to engines without direct injection technology. A 6-speed manual or available 6-speed automatic transmission emphasizes performance driving. The 2012 CTS Sport Sedan. Luxury, technology and performance come together.
As seen in the CTS Coupe, the fully independent suspension was designed to challenge the world’s most revered sport sedans. Cadillac’s ingenious short/long arm (SLA) front suspension provides adjustability and helps control the wheel movement far better than a traditional strut. Add this brilliant suspension system to a platform that has nearly perfect front-to-rear balance, and you get the ultimate combination of comfort and responsiveness.
With available Adaptive Forward Lighting, sensors read your speed and steering angle, swiveling the HID (High-Intensity Discharge) headlamps up to 15 degrees to illuminate the direction of travel. The headlamps are even auto-leveled based on your speed and direction. They’re forward-thinking, in every sense.
Every convenience is within easy reach, thanks to the available glide-up navigation system*. Featuring voice guidance, 3-D color imaging, 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound, iPod13 connectivity, hard drive for music storage and Pause-and-Play Radio, all accessible on an 8-inch LCD touch screen, the glide-up nav is your control center.
Get a clear view of what’s behind you with this available feature:
- Provides a panoramic view of the vehicle’s projected path when vehicle is put in reverse
- View is intuitively displayed in the rearview mirror, or in the navigation system screen (if equipped)
- Separately available Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist issues audible warnings if the vehicle is within a specified distance of a detected stationary object
In the CTS, thoughtful touches abound. One of the many examples is available Ambient Interior Lighting. It includes a light pipe under the wood trim on the dash and LED spotlights under the door pulls, footwells and overhead console, setting the mood in the cabin and setting the scene for the perfect drive.
Exterior design aligns elegant style with functional benefits that include:
- Crisp, dramatic lines with wheels pushed out to the corners for an aggressive stance and enhanced cornering capability
- Jeweled headlamps with available Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) that offer improved nighttime visibility
- Signature vertical taillamps use LED technology that illuminates faster than traditional bulbs, lasts longer and gives an unmistakable Cadillac look