What is a Bad Credit Auto Loan?
A bad credit auto loan is for people that cannot get pre approved for an auto loan through traditional lending sources such as local banks, credit unions or the lending arms of car manufacturers such as NMAC, and GMF . These lending sources normally do not lend to people with low credit scores, recent bankruptcy, low income, zero down payment, or previous vehicle repossession. Bad Credit Auto Loans are normally initially funded by the automobile dealer and later assigned / sold to a finance company. In the case of Buy Here Pay Here car lots, a third party payment processor may service the loan for the dealer.
How do I Qualify for a bad credit auto loan?
The basic qualifications are:
- A monthly provable income of $1500 a month
- Currently reside in the United States
- American citizen or legal resident
- Able to obtain automotive insurance
- Full time employment or guaranteed income for the length of the loan
- Most lenders require a working phone number and proof of residence such as a utility bill.