“THE FUTURE IS HERE, AND AMERICA IS
BACK IN THE GAME.”
It’s just one of the many good things Motor Trend magazine had to say about Chevrolet Volt when it was named “2011 Motor Trend Car of the Year®.” The annual award is one of the most prestigious honors bestowed in the auto industry and further proof that it’s a new day for Chevrolet, not to mention the entire auto industry. Powered by electricity without being tethered to electrical outlets, the Volt does everything a great car does and, according toMotor Trend, better than any other. It’s further proof that today, tomorrow and on into the future, Chevy Runs Deep. Available to order at participating dealers. Quantities limited.
“Based on my recent test-drive, the Volt is up to the job. It’s fun to drive, practical, good-looking and in a league of its own technically. The sleek compact accelerates briskly. Its handling is responsive and sporty. The interior provides plenty of space and comfort for four adults.”–Detroit Free Press
By its very nature, Volt is engineered to change the face of transportation as we know it. Nearly every component of Volt has been selected to get the most out of every charge, including:
- Aerodynamics that maximize the distance per charge and miles per gallon of fuel
- A closed grille and aerodynamic back edges that contribute to its fuel efficiency(3)
- Energy-efficient Bose® Sound System
- Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires
Volt has two LCD screens that display speed, battery power, range to recharge or re-fill as well as an efficiency gauge that gives you real-time feedback. On the center console you’ll find a seven-inch diagonal high-resolution screen with touch-sensitive control that helps you get the most out of your Volt.
PERFORMANCEPower from an exceptional battery
The Volt battery has gone through numerous environment-specific tests, including corrosion and hot- and cold-weather testing and the results were so promising that the 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack is backed by an 100,000-mile/8-year limited warranty(4).
Here are a few more notes on the battery:
- Volt offers an EPA-estimated 35 miles of initial EV range offering a gas-free and tailpipe emissions-free commute for about $1.50 of electricity per day
- When the battery is depleted, a small, quiet onboard gas generator creates electricity that powers your Volt as you drive for hundreds of additional miles
- Lithium-ion cells outperform nickel-metal hydride cells (found in today’s hybrid vehicles) in terms of life cycle
- A liquid thermal cooling and heating system keeps the battery at a comfortable temperature as it’s being charged and dischargedHere are a few more advantages
- Commute gas-free on electricity(3) for an average of $1.50 a day
- Can be set to charge during off-peak hours for greater savings
- Your Volt will be fully charged in about 10 hours, depending on climate, with standard 120-volt line, or as little as 4 hours using a dedicated 240-volt line
- Some Volt owners may qualify for tax rebates on anSPX Service Solutions – installed charging unitInnovation everywhere
Volt offers the performance and forward-thinking you’ve come to expect from Chevrolet. Take a look:
- Instant, smooth and seamless torque right at the wheels
- Regenerative braking captures the energy from forward motion that would otherwise be lost when the car slows or stops and then converts it into electricity, helping make Volt even more efficient to drive
- On the test track, Volt reached a top speed of 100 mph
- Free of the typical noise of the internal combustion engine, Volt offers a quiet, relaxing ride at any speed
SAFETYMaking the future safer
Volt drivers and passengers will be wrapped in a cocoon of standard safety. With eight air bags(5) ready to deploy in an emergency, it’s obvious safety is of the highest priority. Joining this built-in safety is an unprecedented five-year subscription to OnStar®(6) Directions and Connections® including Automatic Crash Response. In the event of a collision, built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar Advisor, who is immediately connected into your vehicle to see if you need help sent to your exact location – even if you can’t respond.
TECHNOLOGYPick your mode
The Volt has been programmed with three unique driving modes to accommodate different driving styles. Normal mode is the most efficient setting that takes the electricity and focuses it on operating the electric drive. Sport mode sacrifices a small amount of efficiency for more responsive acceleration, and Mountain mode makes sure the battery has a bigger energy reserve for driving up long, steep inclines.Volt mobile app
Anywhere you get a signal on your smartphone, you can have control of your Volt. Tap away and, with the OnStar RemoteLink®(7) mobile app, you’ll be able to check the battery charge level, available range, tire pressure, remote lock and unlock, and even activate the remote start to heat or cool the interior to your preferred temperature. Navigate the interactive screens of the app, and you can change how and when you want your Volt to charge. You can even set up alerts via text or email to remind you to plug in your Volt, when charging is complete or if charging has been interrupted. The app also provides a single button to access a Volt Customer Advisor who can answer vehicle-specific questions.